Rail pass benefits
More than just trains
Main discounts and bonuses in German Rail Pass
And the German Rail Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, cruises & ferries, museums & activities, and more.
With the German Rail Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the German Rail Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
- Travelers with a German Rail Pass do not pay supplement on ICE, ICE Sprinter, IC, EC trains or City Night Line trains (only if the pass covers the entire route)** Reservations, however, are strongly recommended during peak travel times and are mandatory on all night trains.
- The pass and German TCV tickets cover the S-Bahn service
- Travel on the DB Operated Trains (reservations are an additional cost)
International trains to/from Liège and Brussels
DB-OeBB EuroCity trains to/from Kufstein, Innsbruck, Bolzano/Bozen, Trento, Verona, Bologna, Venice.
Private Rail Road
- Bayerische Zugspitzbahn - 10% reduction on round-trip tickets to Germany’s highest mountain, near Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on boats of the Koln-Dusseldorf Rheinschiffahrt AG Line (KD Rhine Line) on :
The River Rhine between Cologne and Mainz
The Mosel River between Koblenz and Cochem am Mosel.
A supplement is needed for the hydrofoil. (Ships with cabins are not included).
- On the Lake of Constance a 50% reduction on all boats operated by Bodensee Schifffahrtsbetriebe
- 25% off Spree and Havel river boat trips in Berlin (routes C, H or S) with Stern und Kreisschiffahrt GmbH
- A 20% discount on the following Europabus routes :
"Romantic Road" route,(Frankfurt am Main-Wurzburg-Augsburg-Munich-Fussen)
It is strongly recommended to reserve seats about two working days in advance by contacting :
Deutsche Touring GmbH, Am Römerhof 17, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Phone : +49 69 719126 261 ; Fax : +49 69 719126 156
- Travel on the DB IC Buses (reservations are an additional cost) :
Stuttgart Airport–Vukovar (Croatia)
München - Milano
Munich - Split / Pula (Croatia)
- 10% discount on the daily rate at A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
- City Circle Sightseeing : 20% discount on a ticket for the Berlin Basic City Circle Yellow bus tour.
- 25% discount on a night ticket to the TV Tower Alexanderplatz ( Berlin TV Tower)
- Free CityCard or WelcomeCard in the following cities Augsburg, Erfurt, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Koblenz, Mainz, Münster, Osnabrück, Potsdam, Rostock, Trier, Wiesbaden and Würzburg
- Discounted price on the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus in Hamburg.